The product that Tonda sought to create needed a few things: the treatment product for nebulization, nebulizer mask, and compressor. After finding the ideal treatment product and designing a patented mask, Tonda tested 20 different compressors and ultimately chose one of ours. We then worked together to create a customized compressor to meet her specific needs:
- Powerful enough to nebulize sufficient amounts of the product for deep inhalation and provide effective respiratory treatment (note that a horse’s lung capacity is about 55 liters, or about 9 times that of an average human male)
- Ability to operate extensively in hot and cold environments
- Accurately deliver specific pressure in different elevations
- Ability to withstand barn and travel conditions
- Portable enough to be hand-carried
- Easy to maintain and operate
For this project, we used our existing line of pumps and accessories for customization. This allowed us to cost-effectively provide a specific, field-ready solution that meets all of the above criteria in a short amount of time.
Today, the product – Equi-Resp™ – is not only used to successfully treat a range of respiratory issues in the equine industry, but is also used on dogs, cats, and camels, among many other species. See the Equi-Resp here.
Reference: Jones, Laci. “Breathe Silver Win Gold.” Oklahoma Farm & Ranch, Apr. 2018, pp. 18-19.